Useful Information to Search for Guest Posting Websites Using Ahrefs
Ahrefs is a popular SEO tool that can offer a goldmine of information for digital marketers. One of its most underutilized features is its ability to help you find potential guest posting websites. This guide will walk you through the steps to use Ahrefs effectively for your guest posting endeavors.
Importance of Ahrefs
Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO tool that provides data on backlinks, organic traffic, and other essential SEO metrics. Its extensive database can be leveraged to identify high-quality guest posting opportunities.
Step 1: Access Ahrefs’ Site Explorer
- Open Ahrefs and Log In: To start your search, log in to your Ahrefs account and navigate to the Site Explorer tool.
- Enter a Competitor’s URL: Type in the URL of a website that is similar to your niche or is a competitor.
Step 2: Analyze the Backlink Profile
- Go to ‘Backlinks’ Under the ‘Backlink Profile’ Tab: This will reveal all the sites linking to your competitor’s website.
- Filter by ‘Dofollow’: For SEO benefit, you’d ideally want sites that provide ‘dofollow’ links. Apply this filter to your search.
Step 3: Identify Potential Guest Posting Sites
- Look for Editorial Links: Check if the backlinks are coming from content pieces or guest posts.
- Analyze the Site’s Metrics: Make note of the Domain Rating (DR) and the amount of organic traffic the site receives.
Step 4: Check for Guest Post Guidelines
- Visit the Website: Once you have identified potential sites, visit them to look for guest post submission guidelines.
- Keyword Search: Use Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer to check if the website ranks for terms like “write for us” or “guest post guidelines.”
Step 5: Qualify the Websites
- Check Relevance: The website should be closely related to your niche.
- Analyze Their Audience: Make sure their audience aligns with your target demographic.
Step 6: Record and Reach Out
- Maintain a Spreadsheet: Record the URLs of potential websites, their DR, contact information, and any other relevant details.
- Craft a Personalized Outreach Email: Use this information to send a personalized email to each site, proposing your guest post idea.
- Monitor Your Backlinks: Once your guest post is published, use Ahrefs to monitor the backlink and see how it performs in terms of SEO impact.
- Analyze the Results: After a few weeks, check your website’s organic traffic and ranking for the keywords you targeted. This will help you understand the effectiveness of your guest posting strategy but you can use Guest posting clients email ids list to improve your sale too.
Ahrefs is not just a backlink checker; it’s a versatile tool that can significantly aid your guest posting strategy. By effectively leveraging its features, you can identify high-quality guest posting opportunities that align with your brand and objectives.